[IMC-US] our last irc meeting

onto onto at riseup.net
Mon Jun 13 19:33:42 CDT 2005

onto wrote:
>>Hey y'all-
>>
>>The imc-us working group held an irc meeting this past tuesday. There
>>were only three participants at the meeting, so it didn't feel
>>worthwhile to try and discuss any of the agenda items.  However, there
>>were definitely things on the agenda that need to be discussed. Here is
>>the abstract from the meeting:

I still don't have frequent internet access, and probably won't till mid
July, but I'm still interested!

>>We would like to go ahead with centering the site. We still need more
>>definitive discussion about site design, banners, etc.

awesome. any talk about translations?

>>Tech update and tech support for local imc's were on the agenda. I don't
>>know what this specifically refers to, maybe someone can send a tech
>>update to the list?
>>
>>We briefly talked about collaboration features and this workpad exists
>>for that purpose: http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsWorkPad
>>Are people other than bradley and asad interested in *working on*
>>regular collaborative features? If not, we can stop putting that on the
>>agenda.

I'm interested in working on colloborative features when I can. But I'd
like someone to give me a run down (an irc-skill-share?) on the
differences between - workpad, startpage special, action page, and more
tech info.

>>I want to have an outreach checkin. I have edited the wiki to the best
>>of my knowledge: http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsOutreach
>>According to that info, there are still about 20 local IMCs that need
>>some form of outreach. You can identify those sites by the lack of a
>>name next to the field: who is outreaching.
>>***If you have attempted some sort of outreach to a local IMC, please
>>email the list with the status of that IMC. Include information on
>>whether or not you have secured a contact person, whether or not they
>>would like to be syndicated, whether or not they need help with
>>syndication, etc.***

I contacted about 7 or 8 in April by email, and I think that half of
them responded. I know this is pretty vague, but I'll check my emails
soon and report back later the details.

>>And the only other thing was a brainstorm for discussion topics for the
>>Allied Media Conference. I can set up a separate listserv for IMCistas
>>going to the AMC, so we can figure some things out ahead of time.  But
>>if that isn't necessary, we can just use this:
>>http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsMeeting2005June18
>>to compile discussion topics.

Jake (jake at lyingmediabastards.com) from radioActive sanDiego will be
there, hopefully doing some audio coverage. Please contact him!

>>Ok, think and discuss.
>>Emily

todavia en mexico,
onto