[IMC-US] imc-us admin documentation

bht bht at indymedia.org
Wed Mar 16 10:39:11 CST 2005

hi folks.

here is the documentation i have started:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/AdminInterAction

It is going to be a long process to explain everything that mir can do
and how to interact with it all.  This complemented by my bad wiki
skills, is going to maje for a pretty tough document to read.  If anyone
with decent wiki skills would like to rework this or work on the
documentation, feel free to edit these pages for clarity or add
information i am missing.

Also, as i said, there is alot to interact with in mir.  I am trying to
work from 'what do people do the most' so I can get the main things done
first.  However, I just dont know what those things are.  PLease read
the docs, interact a bit, critique the readability of the document.
Offer suggestions as to what should be documented next, etc etc.

If folks dont feel they need a document like this, let me know and I
wont waste my time.  The problem with this is that mir is highly
confgurable so that each instance of mir is different from other
instances.  So these documents wouldnt make make as much sense if i sent
them to the portland folks or the global folks.  This is tailored to us
imc.

I could also do one that is tailored to a base mir install and then have
that updated per site.  I dont know what is best.  I do know that the
biggest problem with mir right now is the documentation of it.  At least
from a non-tech perspective, that is.

Also, anyone give a shit about m19 stuff?
bht
portland imc volunteer