[IMC-US] let's get together yeah yeah yeah

muna rva imc muna at richmondindymedia.org
Mon Mar 21 02:39:28 CST 2005

it's 3 in the morning here in beautiful crummy ole virginia. i'm just off the
plane from guatemala, and have just spent the last several hours, woe is me,
sifting through a million billion emails (a billion more left to go).

and i immediately feel there is cause for worry about our us indymedia (so
what's new?).

forgive the silly subject name, but seriously: irc meeting stat. ASAP. wonderful
emily brought it up a while ago, people seconded and thirded the idea, and still
it has yet to happen, so now she's bringing it up again.

this week. suggested times, your response needed:
monday, march 21 - 2pm eastern
tuesday, march, 22 - 5pm eastern
wednesday, march 23 - 6pm eastern
thursday, march 24 - 5pm eastern

name your time, or name a new time. i'm off to the APOC conference down in
asheville this weekend, so friday, saturday, and sunday might be tough for
me... i await further details as to my schedule, but don't let that stop you.

what's the place? irc.indymedia.org, #us... everyone know how to get there?

once we get this first meeting nailed down, let's set regular weeklies.
regardless, have folks been checking into this room? i'm trying to make it a
habit to log in there when i'm online, and it's been invaluable. people don't
need meetings necessarily to meet...

why, just moments ago in that very same virtual place i was talking with bradley
(and mahtin a bit) about the possibility of creating a response team. bht seems
to be holding down this task to a large extent by himself, also with the help
of john... and the two are the only ones able to create new us admins. bht and
john: can other folks share this responsibility? i would be willing to
volunteer for this. hopefully, this would help incorporate new admins much
faster and more thoroughly... perhaps a regular new admin irc meeting would be
handy?

listen.

i know it's hard. i know we're all overworked. but everyone on this list is here
because we're willing to help. i see us running low on energy, and this makes
the soley-syndiction suggestion interesting... but not so good for precisely
the same reason. we need each other more than ever. we're under incredible
attack. i see it across the americas and across the world. and it all radiates
from the u.s. of a... we have got to be united in this, we have got to talking
to each other, supporting each other, and reaching ever outward. simple
syndication is not going to do this.

... this coming from someone functioning (or not functioning) on three hours of
sleep and a day spent on buses and planes.

thank you for rocking it on M19. i wish i had been here to help (though it was
rad/sad to be in guatemala while CAFTA was going down). personally, i want to
see coverage of mass actions and protests just as much as the local -- they're
both equally important and crucially connected, and they're both not covered by
the shithead er i mean mainstream media (how's that jacko case coming?).
richmond imc's waiting on reportbacks from fayettesville -- it sounds like us
indy could use 'em. plus, just before i left, yet another virginia military
cadet story broke, this time with the cadets donning confederate flags and
massive amounts of duct tape and rope (curious yet?) -- yet again, everyone
from regional tv afflilates to the washington post are picking up the story...

okay. sleep.

yours,
muna