[IMC-US] Roll Call

Matt Fitt fotomatt at cruzio.com
Tue May 3 20:19:13 CDT 2005

Hey there, y’all.

I got added to the list several days ago and I’m finally getting around to
this Roll Call.

1.  Your working name/nickname:  Matt Fitt / Matt (creative, huh?)

2.  Your email address: HYPERLINK
"mailto:fotomatt at cruzio.com"fotomatt at cruzio.com

3.  Which imc you volunteer with: Santa Cruz (previously, sfbay/indybay)

4.  What do you want to see happen, do you want to do, how much do you want
to participate, or any other comments/suggestions!

I want to see imc-us (and other IMCs) create and maintain timely radical
news content that raises awareness, builds solidarity, and inspires further
action.  For myself, my focus is on photos/graphics. (HYPERLINK
"http://www.mattfitt.com/"www.mattfitt.com)  Wherever possible, I’d like to
see each feature contain (one or more) strong, attention-grabbing pix. This
means ensuring that the front-page thumbnails are properly edited to
(usually) be saturated (or b&w), high-contrast images that tell their story
immediately.  I’d be willing to do some of this, and happier to train
more/other people how to do it.

Also, I’d love it if we could ensure that Otherpress reposts do NOT get
syndicated to the US page. This afternoon, I noticed this type of article
from both San Diego and San Francisco and I’m sure it probably happens with
other sites, too. And it is an ongoing issue that I feel needs to be fixed.
Essentially, why are local sites making features out of corporate reposts?
Having a place for them is one thing, but having them wind up on the
national feed is quite another.

Also, I think we should (always) place more effort on getting more women
involved on this site and in indymedia, generally. We should try to rectify
the ongoing gender imbalance (among numerous other related issues).

5.  Do you want/have admin access to us.indymedia.org?

Bradley set me up the other night, but I haven’t really done much with it,
yet. Didn’t seem right to go wandering in without first getting to know
folks a bit.

In solidarity,

Matt Fitt, santa cruz

At the threshold of the third millennium, liberation strategies have to
ensure that human freedom is not gained at the cost of other species, that
freedom for one race or gender is not based on increased subjugation of
other races and genders. In each of these strivings for freedom, the
challenge is to include the Other.

-- Vandana Shiva, Stolen Harvest, p74 (South End Press, 2000)