[IMC-US] Collaboration--WALMART?

Tarik Abdelazim modocpress at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 15:19:30 CST 2005

Todd, what an inspiring read. Binghamton-IMC isn't
capable of coordinating such incredible outreach--we
just don't have the numbers or the know-how.
Binghamton has about five committed volunteers, and
each brings to the table an important asset. So we can
function well if we keep things to a minimum, but we
can't do much else. We're focusing this winter on a
massive outreach to two local colleges and we hope
that might bring creative, committed allies to the
table.

As for the Walmart project in particular, we are
hosting Greenwald's film with an alliance of about 15
community groups. First time we pulled some important
unions into the fold and we hope this might be the
beginning of our solidarity.

Anyhow, your letter made me realize how important it
is to see what other IMCs are doing and the relevance
of your "barn-raising pow-wow" this weekend. Hope it
bears fruit. Was wondering if we might want to keep a
running list of projects and outreach actions that
IMCs are doing. Not only as a collection of possible
ideas that we each might adopt and adapt, but also as
a board of inspiring possibilities. It renews my
commitment whenever I hear how other IMCs are bringing
media creation skills and tools to those stigamtized,
underrepresented or wholly ignored by MSM.

In solidarity,
tarik
binghamton-imc