[Imc] action items from IMC design Charrette

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at usa.net
Sat Dec 16 19:15:47 UTC 2000

PLEASE READ & ACT ON PROJECTS--we will take up unresolved issues from the
design charrette on Sunday's meeting.  Please come prepared to have your voice
heard.  This is the short & sweet version of the design charrette notes.  A
more complete record will be issued shortly.

After much discussion, the IMC members present agreed to the following
proposal:

Renovations to be completed before opening:
1) tearing down front 3/4 wall to open up space
2) a group will investigate the feasibility of tearing down the wall
separating the middle room from the hallway and erecting a glass wall in its
place--IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS, CONTACT PETER MILLER IMMEDIATELY.
3) painting

For the first four months of operation (January 15-May 15)
1) Most activity will take place in the front room for visibility from street.
 This space will be multi-purpose:  retail, library, IMC meetings, some media
production, informational.
2) The back room will be left relatively unresolved but available for meeting
rental, with a small area set up as a darkroom.
3) We will focus on outreach and creating a pleasant environment.
4) In June, we will re-evaluate our space needs based on the
successes/shortcomings of the current arrangement and complete additional
renovations.

ACTION ITEMS:
1) A 'Wall Caucus' is forming to research the feasibility and expense of
constructing a glass wall in the space.  Interested people should contact
Peter Miller or Sascha Meinrath ASAP.  The decision of whether to undertake
this project will be made at Sunday's meeting.
2) Create a list of equipment and furniture you can donate or loan to the IMC
and email to Sarah K (respond to this message).
3) Create written or visual sketches of your desires for the space and bring
to Sunday's meeting.
4) Determine what role you would like to have with the space--do you want to
choose colors and paint?  Prefer to coordinate furniture?  Tear down walls? Is
there a room you would like to take a leading role in designing?

Thanks--if we all do these things, we should be able to create a beautiful
community space in downtown Urbana.