[Imc] Trial coverage...bad news

Adrian asta at advancenet.net
Thu Nov 2 18:41:05 UTC 2000

Hi all,

This morning at the trial, Laura Anderson and I were thrown out of the
Courthouse by Judge Baker. It was because of where we were sitting:  When
we first came into the courtroom, we sat
down on the south side of the courtroom behind the plaintiffs and their
laywers. The lawyers told us that we should probably move over to the
North side so that we could see the videos that would be part of their
testimony. So we moved over there. Then when the judge came in, he told us
that if we were "associated with the group of demonstrators" we had to
move to the other side, so that we couldn't whisper things to the jury (as
if).
An hour or so later, the plaintiff's lawyers presented the first segment
of video. Laura and I went over to the other side of the courtroom, well
away from the jury, and watched. I don't think the judge noticed us. Then
about 15 minutes later, another video was shown to the courtroom, and
Laura and I walked over to the other side again to watch it. Something was
wrong with the tape and the lights had to be turned back on. The judge saw
me and Laura, scolded us for being on that side of the room, told us we
had to leave and were not allowed to come back, and had
security guards escort us out of the courtroom.
   Yeah justice.
 I am angry and upset that Laura and I were thrown out. I'm sorry I can't
go back. I still can't believe it. :(
I think that other people from our group are allowed to go still. I would
like it if we had a presence in the courtroom tomorrow.
sehvilla

ps. I'll send my notes about the stuff that happened for about the two
hours that we were there soon.

"...Monsanto's own tests showed increased levels of mastitis, a painful
udder infection, in cows injected with rBGH. According to food safety
experts, increased levels of mastitis would force farmers to use more
antibiotics, which would be more likely to contaminate the cows' milk.
rBGH milk would also spoil faster because it contains more bacteria and
has a higher "somatic cell count" (translated into layman's language, this
means that the milk contains "more pus").
                            from "Toxic Sludge is Good For You"