[Imc] [R2Klegal] Sellers' charges dismissed, McGuckin sentenced to 3 mo. probation

Peter Miller peterm at shout.net
Mon Nov 20 20:05:10 UTC 2000

I'm subscribed to the email list covering legal matters and the R2K protesters in Philadelphia.  It's a high traffic list, so I can't pay very close attention, but recently I noticed that some of the high-profile conspiracy charges have been dismissed.  Below is an announcement that John Sellers' charges were dismissed.  Sellers is a target of the FBI for being an extremely effective nonviolent agitator and teaching others to do the same at the Ruckus Society.

I'm also including a link to a newspaper article about the dismissal.

-Peter

To: R2Klegal at egroups.com
Subject: Re: [R2Klegal] Phila Inquirer Front Page

i think the philadelphia daily news article is better.  yeah, i'm as shocked
as the rest of you. read for yourself.
http://dailynews.philly.com/content/daily_news/2000/11/15/local/PROT15.htm
2 verdicts on RNC disrupters
Charges are dropped against alleged leader; probation for another