[Imc] dave monk update:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 30 06:37:47 UTC 2000

I've scheduled a meeting with Dave Monk to look at possible IMC spaces for
this
Saturday (the 2nd) at 10 a.m.  We'll be meeting at his office (next to WEFT).
Please let me know if you can make it.

In other news, after a lengthy game of phone tag, I was able to talk with Reed
Berger today about Urbana City opportunities for help with the IMC.  He gave a
me couple ideas for other places to look, but the city itself has very little
(unless we want to get a facade construction loan).  He did mention that there
were several buildings that either were (secretly) for sale or might soon
be in
the downtown area, and I asked him to keep in touch and fax me any information
about these places for future reference.

I talked with Beverly Beavers yesterday and asked various questions that we
had
brought up, she was able to answer some, but James was out of town till
Thursday, and she wasn't able to answer all of them.  I will contact James
today and report back at the Sunday meeting.

Fundraising is going well and three new people have signed up as founding
funders this week:  Michael Brun, Anand Pillay, and Cope Cumpston.  This
brings
our total commitments to $720 a month not including one-time gifts,
fundraising, etc (with several more folks who may either commit soon, early
next year, or when we get our official non-profit status).

--Sascha