[Imc] Sunday's Meeting agenda

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 15 01:20:31 UTC 2000

Ay, I meant to do this earlier in the week, but here it is.

I put down suggested duration times for most agenda items to help move us
along, since I know nearly everyone is tight for time.  These are just
suggestions for keeping us on track, and I am not wedded to them.

--------------------------------------

Urbana-Champaign IMC
10/15/00 Meeting Agenda

Meeting Prep (5 min):
Facilitation & Minutes/Notes who wants to set the agenda and facilitate the
next meeting?  Should this rotate weekly or less often?  Who wants to take
notes?
Review Agenda  Is something missing?

Old Business:
·       Name (20 min): We need to finalize a name today.  There was some
more discussion on the mailing list on this.  So far the options that have
been suggested are: Urbana Indymedia Center, Free to Be Media, CU
Independent Media Alliance, CU Media Alliance, Urbana Civic Media Center,
Community Media Alliance, Central Illinois Independent Media Center.
·       Collect S26 Materials (5 min) hand over to Molly.  Give library
copies to Sasha and Sarah.

Collective/Group/Committee Reports (15 min):
·       News (MarkE, Danielle, Sascha, Molly, Andy, PaulK, MikeL,, Peter,
Jamie, PaulR, JimB, Anora, Celeste, Sehvilla)
·       Website/Tech (Molly, Zach, Paul R, Ellen, Danielle (design), Brian,
Mike L., Dave P.)
·       Incorporation (Molly, Sarah, Sasha, Celeste)
·       Space (Sasha, Danielle, Jim Buell)
·       Regional Networking (Paul Riismandel, Peter, Paul Kotheimer, Molly
(consultant), Mike L (consultant))
·       Radio Free Urbana
·       Archivists/Radical Librarians (Ellen, Paul Kotheimer, Sarah)
·       Equipment (Mike, Paul K., Paul R.)
·       Print (William, Arun?, ??)

New Business:
·       Incorporation (20 min): Molly and Sascha determined that we need to
accomplish the following today in order to move forward on incorporating:
1. we need a name;  2. a board of directors (of at least 3 people); 3.
"purposes of the corporation" statement -- molly has this bit of legalese
already; 4. 3 more people to witness the articles of incorporation; 5. and
$50.
·       Tech Training (10 min)  Mike and Paul R. discussed having a short
training session in gathering audio reports using minidisk or cassette
recorders, with focus on technique and basic interviewing and
reporting.  Would like to do this before Election Day so that we can cover
this event.  We suggest the trainings be held after a regular IMC meeting
on one of these dates: 10/22, 10/29, 11/5
·       Anything Else?

Break into groups (freeform)