[Imc] Danielle's status report

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Fri Oct 27 20:55:54 UTC 2000

I will be gone for the next two IMC meetings.  I think our focus should
be on reporter recruitment as a way of bringing people into the
organization.

Heres my status report:

1.
I signed people up for the IMC-news listerv.  On this list, IMC
reporters
will announce events to cover, coordinate assignments, and get feedback on
their writing.  If you didnt receive a welcome e-mail, you arent signed
up.  To join, go to lists.groogroo.com and select IMC-news

2.
I described the IMC news collective to WEFTs Programming Committee
Thursday.  I painted a picture of what the News Collective could become
for WEFT.  In the picture I described a news collective which could:
- Cover local political and cultural events  governmental meetings to
protests to art shows.
- Offer news, opinion pieces, and newspoetry.
- Find and edit pieces of national and international interest off the web
from indymedia.org, radio4all, WINGS, AMARC, etc.
- Create both drop ins at the top of the hour during music shows, provide
content for the WEFT Courier, and make content available to WEFT
airshifters for their shows.
- Be open to assignments from our audience, including WEFT airshifters.
- Act as local correspondents for the National Radio project.
I didnt promise any of these.  I only built enthusiasm for them.

The PC was supportive and grateful for our efforts.  They seemed open to
working with us as soon as we are ready to make space for drop-ins.  They
also seemed open to giving us Courier space in the future.  They we
aimable to paying the IMC for our news service the way they pay Pacifica
now.

No decisions were made about the IMC at this meeting since the goal was
merely to inform them of their options.

3.
I didnt work on the mission statement yet.

love,
danielle