[Imc] The Octopus-An Editorial

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 28 21:20:30 UTC 2000

This week's Octopus (Oct. 27, 2000) contains yet another editorial by
the curmudgeonly Jerry Landay. He rails against the News-Gazette's sin
of being a barely-disgiused Republican paper, while they try to maintain
the pretense of objectivity. He is scandalized by this, yet admits they
do publish his letters to the editor, as he condemns them for having
such an anti-Democratic Party party line agenda.

Hmmmmm... Last week Jerry's column attacked Nader supporters for voting
to, in effect in his eyes, turn the country over to the barbarian Bush
camp. He trotted out some pretty impressive looking numbers to make his
case that the Nader campaign could be nothing but a massive failure. The
only problem was that his facts were--wrong.