[Imc] Taking the UCIMC to the next level.

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 06:53:21 UTC 2001

Where is there a press? Is it offset?

Typically, from my understanding, with an offset press, once you get it
running it's best to keep it running.  Kind of like a car, it doesn't like
to sit idle--you want it well used and lubed.  Plus, paper and ink costs
are sort of incidental, since it's the labor to run  it, maintenance and
the cost of the press itself that are the real expenditures.

Both the DI and Octopus outsource their printing (not that we need to be
like them).

--Paul