[Imc] Call for collaboration for WEFT drop in...

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:13:18 UTC 2001

Hi all-

I know this is a crazy/busy time for everybody, but the programming
committee at WEFT just approved the proposal for "Life in the Bike
Lane" (name still could be changed to something else) to run 2 mornings a
week for the month of May. Starting April 30th, we will
have approximately 10 shows. It has yet to be determined the status of the
program after May, but ideally we could have it be a regualr spot on the
air.

I had proposed that the show represent the voices of organizations and
individuals who are working towards "sustainability" in U-C.  I use the word
" sustainable" intentionally, because it encompasses a wide range of
material. I initially mentioned that contributors would be the Permaculture
Project, ISEN, the IMC, and the Urban Designers, but I would like to open
this opportunity up for others as well. Show content could be anything from
Environmental News to suggestions for sustainable lifestyle changes. My
motivation for creating this time spot was to have progressive projects
represent themselves, create awareness about underrespresented news,actions
and projects pertaining to U-C , and tools to become involved in creating
solutions.

So, help is needed to produce this show, whether it be on a time basis, or
an indefinate commitment.

You can help out in the following ways:

- Volunteer to write a four minute script for a show.

- Be recorded reading one of the scripts ( ideally we would have at least
two voices in each drop -in).

-Suggest a topic that you think is important to put in this program.

- Volunteer your technical/audio editing expertise.

Here are some topics that I would like to see represented:

GMO's issues ( specific to our area)
Sustainable ag- Urban Permaculture
IP tree butchery issue
Savoy Super Wal-Mart issue
Bike lanes on Green Street/CATS Plan
the prospect and possibilities for Sustainable Transportation in U-C
U of I growth patterns/research park
Consequences of channeling rivers to accomodate development (case of
the Emberras river)

More suggestions , please!

Also, If you know of any other individuals or organizations that would be
interested in helping out with the show, please let me know,
or just forward this email to them.

Thanks, Pauline Bartolone