[Imc] FW: [grc] Press Pass Policies

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:43:42 UTC 2001

Perhaps the IMC's press pass policy would be helpful for the following
person from CA to know.

kak

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Spooner [mailto:wildrose at pon.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 1:20 AM
To: grc at PEAK.ORG
Subject: [grc] Press Pass Policies

Hi -- The KPFA Local Advisory Board is working on developing a written press
pass policy (we don't have one).  The issue became "hot" recently when a
community member with many connections in Palestine was denied a KPFA press
pass because she was an "activist" not a "professional" -- although she had
done much reporting on KPFA and elsewhere in the past as a witness to events
in Palestine.
    I'm interested in the "activist"/"professional" issue and would like to
know how other community radio stations, as well as "progressive" media.
generally, look at this issue.
    We are hoping to develop a policy that will help get us accurate
reporting of information not commonly available elsewhere.
    If you have a written press pass policy, could you email it to me.

Thanks,

--Carol Spooner
KPFA Local Advisory Board Member
wildrose at pon.net

This  majordomo list has been formed to continue discussion
generated at  the Madison GRC-5 and the Boulder GRC-6
conferences.  Subscribers to  <grc at peak.org> may  choose to
receive a digest format where several posts are bundled
together in a single email .

Consensus is that news items do NOT belong in the
grc list unless they relate to the GRC mission.

Those seeking subscribe/unsubscribe -and other information may post the
message  --   intro grc  --to  <majordomo at peak.org>.