[Imc] Re: AC at the IMC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 22 05:56:47 UTC 2001

Ellen,
I turned the AC thermostat higher and the fan speed to medium so that it
would not chill people out, but we have been having persistent problems
with somebody unplugging the AC.

It was a group decision to run the AC. If someone feels so strongly
about the AC not running that they have to resort to
guerilla-plug-pulling, please bring the subject up for discussion at the
next Steering Group meeting. That is the comradely thing to do and
respects the group decision-making process.

Please be aware that having the IMC as an AC-ed refuge from the heat
offers people a place to cool off by not running their home AC. We want
the IMC to be a place where people are comfortable.

Ellen, go ahead and plug the AC back in; the timer should be set to turn
it on around noon, but if you are uncertain about it functioning, plug
it directly into the socket.  Let's hope that the "Dead AC Bandit"
leaves it alone long enough so that we can have the membership meeting
without sweltering and having to deal with heatstroke victims.

You are right, with it being that hot tomorrow, turning the AC on at the
last minute will be pointless-we might as well have the meeting in the
street to avoid heat injury to our members.
Mike Lehman