[Imc] C-U mobilization against IMF/World Bank

Sarah Kanouse kanouse at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 26 15:41:33 UTC 2001

 From September 28-30, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank
will be meeting in Washington, D.C.  One hundred thousand protestors are
expected to turn out in the streets to protest the economic policies they
force on developing nations, corporate globalization, and the escalating
violence and repression directed against the anti-globalization movement.

A group from Urbana is mobilizing to join our comrades in the streets in
D.C. at the end of next month.  If you'd like to participate either as home
support or on the streets, come to our first planning meeting!

Tuesday, August 28th, 6 pm
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (front room)
For more information, call Sarah or Sascha at 384-5346 or email me to let
me know how you'd like to help!