[Imc] Home Support for WB/IMF

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 28 20:30:31 UTC 2001

Hey all,

I get the sense that tonight's meeting (which I don't think I can attend)
organizing a crew to go to the WB/IMF in DC in Sept. is focused primarily
on the many plans and logistics necessary to make such a trip.

Like Paul K., I am interested in making sure we have a good home support
crew for the group that travels for DC, being on-call to take phoners, edit
them and get them ready for the web, WEFT and possible syndication, along
with updating our website.

  I think it would be best for there to be a separate or subsequent meeting
for this home-crew organizing.  Can folks at tonight's meeting briefly
discuss it, and maybe suggest a time/date?

Based on my experience doing "home crew" for the FTAA, these are things I
recommend for this home crew:
Have folks on-call to take phoners, do interviews, edit and produce them
for web and radio.
Have folks monitor live 'net radio feeds and other Indymedia sites in order to:
      -keep U-C IMC site up to date with accurate news/info (especially
since we're off the "IMC-grid")
      -write summaries suitable for air on WEFT, with or separate from
phone interviews
      -put up single sheet news summaries at the IMC, and maybe elsewhere
(like the Genoa shooting).

Other suggestions are welcome.

--Paul