[Imc] "Bobby" Finally Writes News

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Wed Dec 19 20:27:00 UTC 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Mike Lehman wrote:

> This is an interesting development if it actually checks out:
> <http://buffalo.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=1044>
>
> I would suggest that it not be hidden if it shows up here, as it APPEARS
> to be news for a change and it does provide valuable and specific
> background to the whole sad tale, if it checks out.
>
> I'd been wondering why it has been quite on the IMC network, with no
> "Bobby" attacks the last couple of days. This may be the reason. People
> are finally taking "Bobby" seriously, but I get the feeling that he
> doesn't be like the attention.
>
> Of course, the story still needs some verification from independent
> sources, based on the reputation of the author.

Looks to me like it's truth mixed with fiction.  I'm reasonably certain
that Bobby is really deaf, and that he gets hassled by Cornell University
authorities as a "vagrant" of sorts.  We have people here at the U. of I.
who are barred from campus for one reason or another, often having to do
with homelessness or mental illness.

On the other hand, I doubt very much whether Bobby has any sort of
contract or agreement with Erza (sic) Cornell (Ezra - the founder of
Cornell).  Likewise, I seriously doubt that "uniformed Secret Service
agents" were present at his booking.

If one may be permitted to do amateur physchoanalysis on the Internet
(*smile*), it looks as though Bobby has a history of paranoid
schizophrenia, with his paranoia based to some degree on reality.  One
can easily see how it could become a vicious cycle.

John