[Imc] The Benefit PR Machine is rolling

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sat Feb 10 02:15:15 UTC 2001

I've started the PR machine rolling for our benefit show next sunday
the 18th.

The show is going to be an accoustic open stage between 7 and 9pm and
a rock show from 9pm-10pm.

All you IMC musicians and performers and poets should come out for the
open stage!

Anyway see our website for full details:

http://urbana.indymedia.org

Anyone who wants to help organize this should join the imc-performance
mailing list.

Specific jobs we need filled at the event:

someone to set up the PA and work the sound board

someone to be a greeter and merch person at the door (take donations,
sell t-shirts, give out brochures and business cards, get people's
contact information, welcome people)

someone to coordinate refreshments. We don't have to have a full
spread like our open house but it would be cool if we could sell juice
and coffee and maybe some snacks at the back counter.

someone to give a brief introductory spiel about the IMC in the midst
of the show.

Before the show we need these tasks done:

Make signs to hang around town, hang them around town.

Make a 1/16th page ad for the Octopus by Monday 5pm.

Other misc publicity and press release releasing. (I've already sent
emails to get us listed in the octopus Scene, the DI Buzz, and the
shampoobanana.com website).

Acquire drink and snack supplies for the evening.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org