[Imc] Re: AFL-CIO censures political director for personally supporting Ralph Nader

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sat Jan 20 07:41:02 UTC 2001

> what's with Bloomer, news gazoo reporter,
> I'd heard he was going to show or at least submit a
> statement.

I spoke with Bloomer several hours before the trial. He said that he
was invited by Dave to testify but that he wasn't going to go because
he was the reporter covering the trial and he couldn't be a character
in his own story. He planned on not showing up to the trial, but
making some phone calls after teh fact and writing a story about the
trial at that time. He said that he felt there was nothing he had to
say that wasn't already said in one of his stories. To his credit,
according to him, he did write a story recently that explained that
Dave had offered a disclaimer at the events in question.

I have heard from other sources that Bloomer was under strict orders
from the N-G management to not get involved in the case.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org