[Imc] cleaning the IMC

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at usa.net
Wed Jan 31 22:51:22 UTC 2001

Hi generous volunteer IMC staffers---

I'm really amazed at how well staffing has come together in just a week and a
half and at how good the spcae looks whenever I stop by.  Thanks to all for
everyone's hard work.

In the interest of sustaining our space long-term and making sure work is
distributed equiptably,  the space group wanted to semi-formalize a cleaning
arrangement.  Each day of the week gets on cleaning/housekeeping task to do
some time during that day.  The tasks rotate, so you won't get stuck doing the
same thing week to week.  The jobs are written in red pen on the general IMC
calendar and are described below.   Please cross out the job when you do it to
prevent duplication (especially of watering).  It doesn't matter which shift
during the day does the job, just that it gets done--help out your fellow IMC
members by sharing the work!!

The jobs are--

Vacuuming:  vacuum front room, hallway, and bathroom and sweep back room
Recycling/Trash collection:  empty small trash cans and recycling bins into
trash and recycling in back room by sink
Water Plants:  pretty self-explanatory
Clean up back room:  make back room neat, do any dishes in sink, etc.
Bathroom Clean:  clean sink, mirror, shelf, toilet

Please don't do anything to the production room!!!  We don't want any finely
tuned organization system that is cleverly masquerading as disorder to be lost
forever.

I wrote jobs on the calendar through February.  We can reconsider if this
system is working in a month.
I hope this schedule will help us keep the IMC clean and welcoming while
avoiding potential conflict.  Please email me with thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,

Sarah