[Imc] Life in the Bike Lane general meeting

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:36:55 UTC 2001

*******************************

IMC members, almost-members, WEFTies, and other supporters!

Life in the Bike Lane is a 5-minute drop-in radio show on WEFT 90.1 produced
through the IMC. It airs Monday at 6:30 am, and Wednesday at 8:30 am. It
deals with issues concerning sustainable living and social change, but is
not limited to environmentalism. This venue was created so that community
members can learn how to represent their revolutionary work and ideas in the
media.

You are encouraged to join the Life in the Bike Lane meeting next

Tuesday, July 17th at 7:30,
at the Independent Media Center
(218 Wesst main street)

to lay out a schedule of upcoming shows, and determine who will be doing
what jobs to make those shows happen!

This is our first official LITBL meeting, so if you are interested in
learning the ropes of interviewing, audio production, and general radio
media work, this is a good opportunity.

Since the show's start in May we have produced shows on:
			Walmart pickets and public opinion
			Save our trees campaign
			Permaculture
			Urban Sprawl in U-C
			Critical mass
			Biotechnology
			Public Interest fund of Illinois
			Renewable Energy
			Bloomington, IN tree sits

We are looking for people with ideas, people who are interested in
conducting interviews, people who are interested in helping to layout
and produce the shows. Right now LITBL needs contributors to fill at least
three roles: Interviewer, audio producer, and organizer.

NOTE: You only have to be (at least) ONE of these people!  If you have
a good idea for a show, but you don't actually have time to conduct
interviews or produce it, let us know! We will try to find people to
take your ideas the rest of the way.  Similarly, if you want to
conduct interviews or produce, let us know!

If there is a topic that you think people should know about, contact
us and we will help you get that idea out to the public!

Interested? Please contact:

Pauline Bartolone: alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
or
Jay Morris: jrmorris at hotmail.com (who graciously wrote this message)