[Imc] New virus - beware

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 24 15:13:50 UTC 2001

Beware, friends, of a new computer virus that could strike you at home.
It's legit. says my computer administrators at work. See email exchange
below.

Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Dear, Laurie
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 9:45 AM
To: Kranich, Kimberlie
Subject: RE: Virus

Hi Kimberlie -

I didn't see this, but yes, this is a real virus.  The virus program on the
mail server has already caught this one several times.  People at WILL don't
have to worry here at work - the mail server catches all email viruses.  But
anyone with a home computer should make sure their virus scan software is
the latest version.

Laurie