[Imc] DIRECT ACTION against WAL-MART

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Tue Jun 5 18:51:52 UTC 2001

howdy, community members and friends:

hope you'll have time to participate in a DIRECT ACTION against the
WAL-MART SUPERSTORE construction site in Savoy, IL, this Saturday, June
9th, 2001.

Participants will have an informal working meeting at the Independent
Media Center (218 W. Main Suite 110) on Friday, the 8th, starting at 6:30
PM 'til as late as midnight.  Stop by ANYTIME in that timespan to make
signs, learn some new protest songs, brainstorm creative actions, etc.

participants will then meet at 8:15AM on Saturday morning to amass and
co-ordinate transport out to the site in Savoy.  The direct action will
take place from 9AM 'til noon at the construction site.  the AFL-CIO will
be bringing out some hard-working people from (hopefully) almost every
union in town.  i have three new songs we could sing.

what do YOU have to contribute to a call for economic equity, sustainable
consumption patterns, workplace democracy, living wages, and an end to the
global sweatshop??

desire, imagine, design, implement!  we need YOUR VOICE!

solidarity,
paulkotheimer:)
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com