[Imc] Re: [Imc-events] performance list changes

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at eudoramail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:27:53 UTC 2001

Hi Zach and everyone--

The addition of a moderated list was made under the consensus of the finance group that communicating with our members (i.e. announcing events and promoting retail) is best done with weekly emails.  We have quite a few members who are not on the general imc list because it is too heavily trafficked, and they are not interested in wading through lots of administrative or project oriented emails in order to catch an announcement they might possibly be interested in.  So I decided the easiest way to do this would be to create a moderated list dedicated to announcing events that happen at the IMC.  It's moderated to prevent it from becoming a general bulletin board for community events--I want to keep as many members subscribed as possible.  A very specific list for a very specific purpose.

--Sarah