[Imc] IMC/GRRRLFEST

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Fri Mar 16 07:15:51 UTC 2001

hi friends and neighbors:

in a sentence:  The School for Designing a Society and Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center should support GirlZone's GRRLfest, happening
4/27-4/29, 2001, by joining on as one of a dozen or so participating local
venues.  if we don't, in my opinion, we're missing out BIG TIME on part of
our mission to foster local activism in our community space!!

two ideas for HOW we'll do it:

1.> IMC coverage of GrrlFest will be gathered, edited, and produced by
GrrlFest participants!  simple as that!  this will require a time
committment from women who want to teach and workshop aspects of IMC news
production. Pauline?  Sehvilla?  Nancy D-R?  Sarah Carsey? Gina L? Ellen
K.? you, among others, are on my list!

2.> the IMC back room will be reserved all three evenings that weekend
(4-27 thru 4-29, unless there's a conflict with the SchFDas Performers'
Ensemble.  **Is there???**) for GRRLfest all-ages performances.  MOLLY*,
can we put this on the calendar, pronto?  GRRLfest "central" will provide
us with a schedule of who will perform when, as well as take the lead as
far as promotion is concerned.  All we need to do is tell them it's
booked.

and then we need keyholders to host the space for those evenings.  i can
do them, if i don't get arrested in Quebec City.  anyone else?

below, you'll find specifics and additional info from Aimee Rickman.

i WILL be pestering *YOU* about volunteering.  count on it.

solidarity, community, and care,
paulkotheimer:)