[Imc] 2 arrested for peaceably observing an arrest - hearing today!

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Thu May 3 16:28:25 UTC 2001

  Hi -

  Sorry nothing has been posted to the website yet about tim and
laura. Never fear, though, coverage is being plotted and worked
on.
  At 1pm this afternoon, Ben Emerick and I, Sehvilla Mann, will be working
on putting Sascha Meinrath's audio from the event online. At 2pm, Kathryn
Matzen and I are writing up a report to post to the IMC website and to
send to the Octopus by tomorrow at noon.
  Kathryn Matzen, Sehvilla Mann, and Ben Emerick have already met to
discuss the putting together of a longer ("feature", if you will) story
dealing with what happened to Tim and Laura, what it means that people are
getting arrested for watching police activity, and starting a local
CopWatch. An information line and website are being set-up for copwatch.
We're plotting eagerly to make this a long-term story.

  Sorry again for the delay.

    - Sehvilla Mann
------------------------------
"...But aren't these fears [about the safety of Monsanto's new technology]
just that -- fears without evidence? The problem is that Monsanto has a
record...The company manufactured virtually all the PCBs in the United
States until they were finally banned in 1976, and taxpayers are still
shelling out to clean up PCB-riddled waste sites. Monsanto also
manufactured Agent Orange, which is linked to cancer and reproductive
problems in Vietnam War vets. And the company makes pesticides, which
contaminate ground water. According to the Environmental Protection
Agency, Monsanto is a "potentially responsible party" at 93 Superfund
sites. In other words, this is a company that has put its faith in
technology before without bothering to properly research the consequences
[or to deal with them - editor]".
                       -- Molly Ivins, "Let's Go Back to Maroon
                          Bluebonnets", Jan. 4th, 1999
www.purefood.org/monlink.html