[Imc] Introducing Tracee Brock to Sarah Kanouse

Lisa Fay lfay at prairienet.org
Fri May 11 05:04:46 UTC 2001

Sarah, this is Jeff Glassman.  I have been teaching a course this semester
at the university, which consisted of 8 students who, last semester, took
the course for those who lead discussions with audiences after performances
of the Inner Voices: Social Issues Theatre ensemble (at the university
also).  Instead of leading discussions, this semester, they made a fiction
video of scenes they wrote and performed.  I am not contacting you about
the video, but about one of the students, Tracee Brock, who is in broadcast
journalism, an undergrad, bright and creative, who I told some things to
about the IMC.  I suggested to her that she make contact with you and see
the IMC and understand what independent media is all about these days.  I
think it would be a tremendously important contact for her to meet you,
regardless of whether it leads to anything in the near future.  Her scope
of understanding will broaden just knowing that there is this other domain
of observation and description going on, and that it doesn't grow from
business.  Tracee is going up to Chicago, home, for either the whole summer
or a couple of weeks, depending on whether she gets an internship with a
newspaper there, I believe.  So, I left it with her that I would send her
your e-mail address, this one, and your phone number at the center or at
home, and she will contact you.  Her dream is to be a news anchor, she can
do it too.  She may develop other dreams as her experience grows.  Would
you add to it, please?  She will be back here in the Fall.  I can talk with
you further about Tracee, and we can also talk about bringing students
together with your events and activities from time to time during the
coming semesters too.  I will be teaching a course called Theatre/Women's
Studies 358-Social Issues Theatre MWF 3-5pm in the fall.  If you know
anyone interested, please have them call me or email, 344-2903.  See you
soon, and thanks for any attention you can give her, Jeff Glassman.