[Imc] IMC Staff training Sat. May 19th at 2pm!

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 20:32:28 UTC 2001

For those of you who have an interest in becoming involved with the
Independent Media Center and haven't seen the right opportunity, staffing
the space is good place to start. Staffing allows you to get aquainted with
what goes on at the IMC day to day.

The IMC is looking for permanent staffers as well as on-call substitutes.
There will be an staff training

Saturday, May 19th at 2pm
Independent Media Center
218 West Main street
Downtown Urbana

The meeting will only take up to an hour. We will discuss the following:

How to sign someone up to be a member
How to use the register
What to do when you can't make a shift
Using the IMC staff log book
Cleaning/maintenence/tasks
Using the sandwich board
Dealing with threatening visitors
Phone messages
Any other questions or concerns that you have

Please send me a quick note to let me know if we can expect you at the
training. If you cannot attend this Saturday's training, but would like to
staff the space, I would be happy to arrange a personal orientation. Call
384-0830 or email alice_redqueen at hotmail.com

Thanks, Pauline Bartolone, IMC Staffing Coordinator