[Imc] the fridge

Jacqueline Waters waters at soltec.net
Wed May 23 03:59:03 UTC 2001

Just a quick comment or two, do what you will with them:

1)  not that they are likely to find out, but storing food in non-industrial
freezers and refridgerators and then selling it to the public is big-time
against health code.  The IMC can ignore this if they want to, that's your
business, but I just thought maybe people didn't know and would appreciate
the info.  Any operation, non-for-profit or otherwise, selling food to the
public has to adhere to the code, no operation too small.  I have learned
this by experience working in small operations that carried food for sale.

If the IMC were interested in persuing the obtaining of a used fridge or
freezer that would be up to health code standards I could suggest many
locally owned operations that specialize in food service refridgeration that
sell used models, often at a good prices.  Contact me if there is any
interest.

2)  I haven't even finished paying for my membership yet so maybe my opinion
shouldn't be put out here at this point, but what the heck - why is the IMC
planning to purchase a new appliance from a mega-corp.?  I realize it's
cheaper - that is how Walmart and related evil empires get otherwise
consciencious (exuse my spelling) people to buy from them - becasue they
make it cheaper for those who can barely afford their needs as it is.  I
guess that is the IMC's reason - hey, it's a tight budget and there is so
much that needs to be done with it.  I can see that.  I also have to say,
personally, that logic makes me very uncomfortable and plays straight to the
mindset that makes corp.s fat, rich and powerful.  It's a little extra money
that can't really be afforded, but maybe the moral compromise involved
should be figured into the cost.  Then again, it's just a fridge, right, and
I'm dickering about details. . . right?

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out,

Jacqueline Waters