[Imc] Re: Boston Women's Health Collective Recording (fwd)

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Wed May 23 20:09:03 UTC 2001

hi all

i listened to CCHCC award dinner MD #2 yesterday.  it's fine.  audio
quality is really good, and we owe a special thanks to C.V. Lloyde's for
lending us an audio gizmo, without which said recording would have been
MUCH lower quality.  C. V.'s lent us an XLR signal splitter which allowed
us to send a signal direct from the podium mic to our MD recorder, while
simultaneously sending the same signal to the Park Inn P. A. system.  they
lent this to us for FREE and at the very last minute, because they support
community radio.  so kudos to C. V. Lloyde's

the keynote address itself runs 35-odd minutes. it starts at Track 1, 29
mins. 10 sec. on a red Memorex disc labelled "05-19-01 CCHCC awards
-->29:00.  29:10-67:00 NORSEIGEN keynote | FOR BROADCAST"  the disc is in
the production room on the currently chaotic archive shelf to the right of
SERGEI's printer.

we conducted an interview with Norseigan after the talk, got some okay
quotes. Nothing earth-shattering.

does anyone want to use this footage as an audio production
training/orientation opportunity?  i'm available at this e-mail address.
if any of you decide to go ahead and edit audio footage from the two discs
from that evening, i welcome it, but would like to be notified by e-mail,
so our work doesn't end up overlapping.

thanks
paulkotheimer:)