[Imc] Talk on the US military, etc.

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Thu Nov 1 00:53:56 UTC 2001

At 02:08 PM 10/31/2001, Jason Pitzl wrote:

>John Wason wrote:
>"It's hell being prescient and in such a tiny minority, isn't it?"

>The moment we start thinking ourselves special and seperate because we hold
>the proper views is the moment we have lost all hope of convincing others of
>our cause.
>
>We are not a minority, we are Americans telling other Americans of wrongs
>done in our name. We will speak to them as equals, because they *are* our
>equals. We will realise, that being the reasonable people we all are, that
>once the truth is given to them in an honest open manner by people who do
>not see themselves as an elite, that they too will come around and join us.
>
>In respect,
>Jason Pitzl-Waters
>MythWorks,
>A pagan political perspective
>http://www.wildhunt.org/myth/

You make a good point, Jason, and certainly a respectful point, and you're
probably right.  But I lived through Viet Nam, as did Carl Estabrook, and
I'm constitutionally unable to wait patiently and lovingly for years while
my 'equal', 'reasonable' peers come around to a sane way of thinking.  Most
of them have never, in fact, come around.  Most of my college peers, even
those who once professed to be radicals, are now thoroughly invested in the
status quo, with their corporate golden parachutes and 401(k) pensions.
Many of them are in government, complicit in making the laws that
increasingly disenfranchise most of us.

While Carl was speaking primarily about the war in Afghanistan, comparing it
to Viet Nam, the disenfranchisement of ordinary citizens in this country far
predates and overshadows the current war, and my 'equals' have been either
active participants or ignorant bystanders in the process for many many years.

So I encourage you to convert as many of your fellow Americans as you can,
your equals. Hurry, while there is still time.  I salute you.  I'm afraid
I'm just not very good at it.

With equal respect,

John