[Imc] more info on global IMC shutdown:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 26 19:39:51 UTC 2001

here's a bit more info on what happened with the global IMC site:

***

hi sascha,
as you know they are back up.  yes our mailserver and main dns server
was down - fstv.  and our backup dns at riseup and blackcat in
australia only were backup for 4 hours (a configuration issue).  so
micah got them back up at midnight and they went down again at 4
am.....things should be okay now.  i was woke up by marco at 6 am and
then have been busy and on the phone this morning.  just checking my
email now.  and talked to micah who says that now it is all okay :)))
i'm sure you've figured that out by now.

we were talking just now about how to get the word out to folks when
things do go down.  hopefully when we have our mailserver elsewhere
it won't be tied so intimately to the main site/stallman and primary
dns.  that will be good.  but we do need some contingency plans.
hey, what about a phone tree for all imcs, regional or
national/international?  something.  our contact database would be
helpful for this.

***

--sascha