[Imc] UFL booksale

jacobs jacobs at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 3 19:41:03 UTC 2001

Hi all,

Urbana Free Library is having their annual booksale this friday (9-6pm)
saturday (9-6pm) and Sunday (1-4pm, free giveaway of leftovers).  This is a
great time to make the IMC library's collection swell. How to do that you say?
Simple: go to the booksale and if you see something(s) of interest, buy
it/them and donate it/them to the IMC library. Collectively, we can greatly
expand the library's collection. We're looking for
alternative/progressive/radical/small press viewpoints in arts and culture,
human rights, environment, labor and economics, communication, social and
cultural studies, and politics. The UFL is on 201 South Race st. in Urbana.

I hope everyone can go and pick up a few titles for the IMC library!

Peace,

James Jacobs
Radical Librarian

James R. Jacobs
Graduate Reference Assistant
Education/Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
jacobs at uiuc.edu
   (\
  {|||8-
   (/

"Librarians, Dusty, possess a vast store of politeness.
These are people who get asked regularly the dumbest
questions on God's green earth. These people tolerate
every kind of crank and eccentric and mouth-breather
there is."
--Garrison Keillor, "Lives of the Cowboys"