[Imc] Fwd: Sebastian Junger's " Requiem for a Warrior" In Adventure Magazine

Gotsch Tim bowednotbeaten at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 04:42:36 UTC 2001

Hi all.  I received this message from a rep at
National Geographic Adventure, in response to a
request that I made for the video mentioned.  However,
I heard on both Democracy Now! a few days ago and an
on-line Central Asian newswire that Messr. Massoud was
most likely as much a barbarian as some of the other
Northern Alliance leaders, much less the Taliban.
Still, this should be an interesting piece, if only
for the fact that Mr. Junger got into a place where
most people would not be welcome.

Tim Gotsch
Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
"What a piece of work is a man and how easily his conscience
betrays him.  He listens to the voice of duty and what he
hears is the license of passion."
--Thomas Mann, "The Magic Mountain"
"Technology and laws need to go hand-in-hand to preserve
privacy and liberty."
--Simson Garfinkel, "Database Nation"