[Imc] Stuff To Keep In Mind

Travas Gunnell travas_imc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 23:33:33 UTC 2001

--- Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I found this on The Progressive Review's Undernews
> today. The first
> covers PROPOSED legislation, but it may very well
> come to pass.

> POST-CONSTITUTIONAL AMERICA
>
> [Key points of legislation now being considered on
> Capitol Hill]
>
> 1. An entire 501C3 organization or other
> organization, including its
> members, can have their assets seized for supporting
> "bodily acts" or
> international causes that the U.S. Secretary of
> State may deem terrorist
> activity. Political activities that were legal prior
> to S.1510 may
> retroactively be deemed terrorist activity by the
> government.
> Participants and supporters may be charged with
> terrorist and other
> offenses, under this bill as now drafted. [This is a
> bill of attainder
> specifically outlawed by the Constitution]

Pardon my anal nitpicking here, but that should be "ex
post facto", not "bill of attainder".  Still banned by
the Constitution, though.

> (2). S1510 retroactively abolishes the "statue of
> limitations" for many
> past offenses in which no one was injured. After
> passage of S.1510, any
> past offense that can be broadly alleged to have put
> someone "at risk"
> may be used by federal and state prosecutors to
> charge a citizen with a
> terrorist act - even 30 years after the statute of
> limitations period
> had already passed. Government will have no
> difficulty manufacturing
> evidence to prosecute citizens once constitutional
> safeguards against
> passing retroactive laws are abolished.

=====
Seeing the supreme beauty of life in the expansion of life, I see the supreme beauty of life today only in this rebellion and destruction.  Today, when the reality of conquest is developed to its utmost, harmony is not beauty.  Beauty exists only in discord.  Harmony is a lie.  Truth exists only in discord.
Now the expansion of life can only be gained through rebellion.  Only through rebellion is there creation of new life, creation of a new society.
Osugi Sakae (1885-1923) - Japanese Anarchist