[Imc] Need Help 4 IMC Garage Sale This Sat.

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 3 18:18:23 UTC 2001

After being honest about our schedules Ellen and I decided that the Friday
night part of the garage sale is unrealistic for us.  But the Saturday
morning sale is going on as planned.
We still can use donations and help to get prepared and do the sale.

As a reminder, the IMC Garage Sale is Saturday, Sept. 8, 8am - 3pm at 104
N. Central Ave, Urbana, it's just north of Strawberry Fields and the corner
of Main and Central.  All proceeds will go directly into the IMC general fund.

DONATIONS:
We have been collecting stuff from people the last two weeks and are still
accepting donations to the garage sale.  If you have stuff to donate please
contact us via e-mail or phone (278-2274) and either arrange a time to drop
things off or if you don't have a car we can pick things up.

If you have big items, like furniture, to donate, please wait until Friday
to drop off, since we don't have a lot of storage space for big
things.  Also, it's hard to sell broken or really beat up stuff, so we'd
prefer not to accept such items for the sale.

HELP:
We really need help on Friday night to get things cleaned up, sorted and
priced for Saturday morning.  The more people there are, the quicker it
goes.  At least 2-3 volunteers would be great.  We will supply pizza and
beverages (beer, soda, water) for all who show up to help.  If you can help
please e-mail or call ASAP so we can plan.

We also need help with the sale on Saturday.  We'd like to have around 2
people on hand at all times.  Please let us know if you can help.

CLEAN-UP / DISPOSAL
Inevitably there will be stuff left over.  We need help at 4:00pm saturday
to clean up what's left and figure out what to do with it.

IF YOU HAVE IDEAS ABOUT HOW BEST TO DISPOSE OF UNWANTED ITEMS, please let
me or Ellen know, or post it to the list.  We need to know if there are
charities or other organizations who are best to donate clothes and other
items to.  IF YOU DONATE STUFF AND WANT THE UNSOLD ITEMS BACK, please also
let us know.

If we don't hear any ideas and/or don't get any help dealing with left over
stuff, Ellen and I will just deal with it as we see fit (i.e. we don't want
to hear any complaints if someone doesn't like how we deal with it).

  I think this is going to be a fun event -- more fun if more people are
there to help out.

--Paul (p-riism at uiuc.edu, 278-2274)