[Imc] Local reaction: WILL

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 11 20:52:41 UTC 2001

Dear IMCers and WEFTies,

There are three upcoming opportunities at WILL for local reaction to today's
tragedy. You are invited to participate in all of them.

Tomorrow (9/12) on  Focus 580 with David Inge (10 am - noon) and on
Afternoon Magazine (1-2pm).  Both programs are call-ins. The numbers to
call: 333-9455 or 1-800-222-9455.

On Tuesday (9/18) from 7-8pm WILL-TV will host a live town hall meeting in
our TV studio.  We have room for 60 people and we will take phone calls.
The program will allow people to talk about their reaction to the tragedy.
We will also have some "experts" in the audience (no stage for the experts.
Everyone will be equal). The "experts" will be there to provide some context
for topics that will likely come up: safety in this area, how to talk to
your children, critique of media coverage, likely US response.

I'll share more details as I know them after our meeting tomorrow.

Kimberlie

p.s. please email me if you'd like to be a guest in our studio.