[Imc] Call for Headlines for 24 Sep Newshour

Michael Feltes mfeltes at newmail.net
Thu Sep 20 04:20:29 UTC 2001

I'm still looking for some people to work on headlines for the
Newshour.  I'm looking for three WTC/Pentagon stories and four other
headlines.  Here are some of the ideas I've come up with.

- Information on numbers of reservists called up in Central Illinois.

- Reaction from Arab dissidents in exile, a segment of the population not
well covered by the mainstream media.  They could be eloquent both in their
denunciation of the terrorist attacks and yet at the same time convey a
sense of the unrest and hatred which US policy has fomented in the Middle East.

- Russian reaction to the potential military action in Afghanistan (given
their history, they should have a different sort of take on invading that
country)

- Update on the situation in Northern Ireland (They're getting close to the
date where the British will have to suspend the Stormont parliament and
resume direct rule under the Good Friday agreement.)

- Update on the struggle to distribute generic AIDS drugs in the Third World.

Headlines are 200 words or less... you could put this together in a
half-hour or less.  Please contact me if you'd like to take up one of these
ideas or have something of your own to contribute.  Thanks so much.

Michael Feltes
mfeltes at newmail.net