[Imc] Space Committee Minutes

Russell A Rybicki russrybicki01 at juno.com
Fri Sep 28 02:03:22 UTC 2001

Space Committee Minutes 09-26-01

Present Mike L, Sascha M., Brian H. and Russ R.

The lease was discussed and it was agreed to sign it as soon as possible.
 This was due to the concern that the landlords would not want us as
tenants for fear of someone damaging their property in response to our
views.

Mike made a new doorstop but it was too small, he will make a new one.

We will apply to become a host agency for the Urban League Seniors in
Community Service Program.  This involves the Urban League providing a
worker for 20 hours a week and they will pay the worker's salary and
benefits.  We provide training and supervision.  This would give us
staffing help and help us attain grant funding.

Future needs: water for fridge, shelves for library.

We have hot water.

We are working on getting door lock fixed so it can lock from the inside.

The Prompting Theater Haunted House was approved and the IMC will be a
sponsor.  There were concerns that it would be too disruptive to the
functioning of the IMC but this issue was resolved.  Setup will occur
starting the Fri. before Halloween but will not obstruct the front room
where meetings can occur until the event.  The event will not interfere
with the use of the production room.  All potential conflict with other
scheduled events have been worked out.

Too many people are not cleaning their food containers before putting
them in recycling.  (only clean containers can be recycled)  It was
decided that a sign will be posted stating that if any unclean containers
are found in the recycling ALL recycling will be sent to the landfill.

submitted by Russ