[Imc] another post hidden

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 29 21:00:49 UTC 2001

Hello all,

Paul K. called my attention to a post entitled "shoot george," which
carried with it a picture you can see here
http://www.saviorass.com/catalog/images/shoot_george.gif

It was posted by "deivid's thang" who tends towards the imflammatory to
begin with.

I edited out the word "shoot" and unlinked the graphic.  I did this in
consultation with Paul and Ellen.

The rationale for this is that with tensions running high, this sort of
strong implication (or possible threat) of violence towards the president
can create far more harm than good for the IMC.  Please recall that it was
threats of violence towards police officers posted to the newswire that got
the Ohio Vally IMC subpoenaed.

The post (now edited) is at
http://urbana.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2324&group=webcast

On the topic of our website policy, I apologize for not having yet sent out
my draft policy that I introduced it in steering last week.  I will try to
get it out this afternoon.

--Paul