[Imc] DC IMC on CSPAN (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at onthejob.net
Fri Apr 12 03:58:51 UTC 2002

For those interested in what DC IMC is up to...

Subject: DC IMC on CSPAN

Close Up on C-SPAN
Friday, April 12 at 7:00pm EST on C-SPAN

Topic: Alternative Media
Guests: David Russo and Clarissa Peterson, DC Independent Media Center;
Craig Cox, Executive Editor of the Utne Reader

This week, we'll take a look at the world of alternative media. So much
of the information we consume on a daily basis is owned and produced by
large, multi-national corporations that it is easy to forget about the
small, independent news outlets available to us. This week, we'll talk
with representatives from a few of these "forgotten" news sources and get
their opinion on a variety of current events. We'll also explore the ways
in which alternative media approach their sources and stories. You won't
want to miss this informative discussion.

About Close Up on C-SPAN
Close Up on C-SPAN is a weekly public affairs/news discussion program
available to more than 75 million cable households. Our rotating features
include, Close Up @ Newseum, Close Up at the Wilson Center, and Close Up
in the Classroom.

--sascha

p.s. for those who don't know, the DC IMC is one of our sponsored
projects.