[Imc] conflict resolution -- local and global:

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Apr 22 17:32:21 UTC 2002

At 11:50 AM 04/22/2002 -0500, Sascha Meinrath wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've sent several messages over the last several months about the
>similarities between issues that have come up locally, and those faced by
>the Global IMC Network.  Over the last few months, we've been discussing
>ways to build a conflict resolution system for the UCIMC and I thought
>this message from Jay made a good invitation for people who were working
>locally to help out the network as a whole.
>
>Several of the documents, procedures, protocols, etc. that we have come
>up with here have been useful for IMCs around the world -- I think it
>would be great if we could have a hand at helping create something that
>built understanding and supported constructive solutions beyond our local
>IMC.

Indeed it would.  But where are we exactly, locally?  Do we at the UC-IMC
have at present a conflict resolution system that WORKS, one that I'm not
aware of?  :)  Where should I go to see these "documents, procedures, and
protocols"?  More importantly, how are we going about the process of
implementing them here at the UC-IMC?  Sascha may be able to recall a
conversation we had just YESTERDAY that relates intimately to this very
theme, and no mention was made of any formal conflict resolution structure
or procedure that is in place.

Enquiring minds, etc.

John