[Imc] CU-Cityview

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Mon Apr 22 19:29:02 UTC 2002

"I noticed the absence of the weft program grid"

Thats because they ran a 1/4 page ad for The KoKo Taylor/Lonnie Brooks show
the past two weeks.
As far as I and Holly Rushakoff know our arrangement with ads is still
intact. We opted to run a larger show ad rather than our customary grid.

"big ads for saga's stations in the this "media Market" will this be a
trend?"

Yes.

"any cucv'ers reading this?"

Well, I am a contributor to CUCV (the paper formerly known as the Octopus)
and so far I havn't heard of any major changes to WEFTs relationship with
the paper or with their content. In fact they have recently added more
writers and contributors, a trend that was started a few months prior to the
name change.

Word around the office is that the name change is just that, a name change.
They (the owners) think the new name will attract a wider audience, I'm not
sure I agree, but then I don't own the paper.

In respect,
Jason Pitzl-Waters
(WEFT PR member and CUCV writer among other things)
http://www.wildhunt.org