[Imc] About Website Features

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 22 23:02:02 UTC 2002

Paul Riismandel wrote:

> Just a reminder to everyone -- website features come directly from the
> Newswire or items that I am asked specifically to feature.  That means that
> if YOU write some news or commentary it has a high likelihood of being
> featured, especially if it has some good local hook.
>
> Features do not magically get written and appear.  If nobody writes
> anything about an action or any other news, then nothing gets featured,
> it's that simple.
>
> So if you find yourself wondering "why don't we have a feature about
> such-and-such?"  The answer is, "because you didn't write it."

   Probably the main bar to my contribution is the tendency of the
software to strip out line feeds and carriage returns, or whatever the
heck it does so that whatever you cut and paste into the window comes
out as one giant paragraph (unless you know HTML?).

   When I submitted the Ground Zero environmental impact article several
months ago, some poor guy on the other end had to go through and
reformat it.  For which I'm very grateful, even if I've forgotten your
name, dude.

  Did this ever get fixed?  Are there tech limits to forbid it or
something?  Or was I just too dumb to get it, and there's a better
procedure?   -CMB