[Imc] Re: Thursday CABARET!

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Thu Apr 25 01:32:47 UTC 2002

hi Darrin and Cabaret-sters

i would like to continue to pursue Global Revolution by means of
community-based performance, as i have been doing in Urbana for 8 years
now. in other words, we want some of the same things.  so we should talk
some so that we get them.

it's for this reason that i say this:  i liked Cabaret better when it took
place in the room which i still refer to as the "CABARET LOUNGE," i.e. the
orange room, the ante-room, the art opening room, the room with the wood
floors. Why?  Because the Grand Ballroom is cold and impersonal and too
dark and the stage is too high and it smells like kerosene.

also, I liked Cabaret better when it was on Fridays.  Why? because i work
on thursdays until 7:45PM.  and because most people want to go out and
relax and hear music and make music on Friday night, not Thursday night.

so i won't be at a Thursday night Grand Ballroom Cabaret anytime in the
forseeable.  and, maybe it's none of my business, but i'd be willing to
bet a nickel that many non-participants are non-participating for some of
the same reasons i am non-participating.

perhaps designing to accomodate people's desires makes more sense than
begging people to show up to an event they don't want.  sorry if the
previous sentence sounds like a cold dis.

if and only if it would be an event that people want, therefore, i offer
to accompany and facilitate a sing-along in the Orange Room some Friday
before the Big Show or instead of the Big Show.  for this, i would need to
be invited and/or co-ordinated. i would work without fancy lights or P.A.
system, and i would encourage people to make music together.

love and music,
paulkotheimer:)
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com