[Imc] steering group notes 2-3-02

Mark Enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Sun Feb 3 19:19:02 UTC 2002

IMC steering group meeting notes 2/3/02

1. intros paul r, jenny s, sascha m, mike l, pauline b,brian h, mike w,
shauna, jason schultz, mark e (recording)
group reports
--outreach
cabaret goingpretty smoothly; anniversary party set: live jazz 7-8;8-9
cabaret-actual party starts at 6 - request for help setting up, and
letting people know about it; next project: membership-renew and new
next meeting every other Wednesday 1st and 3rd wed of month
--librarians
working meeting last week; new journal: "earth island journal"; nothing
new to report
next meeting tues
-- newsgroup
weft prog committee meeting - ok with half hour, pc brought pay issue -
still need official ok for half hour change; series on war and oil for
next 3 weeks; Pauline to costa rica funding for minidisk recorder;
meetings with public I; litbl restructuring jay morris and cope cumpston
taking over
archive form from librarians
-- space new racks for minidisks; more space--kudos to sascha; more work
needed; contact with construction work & new garage door - could need $
next workday on back back room: Saturday 10am. Call for people to help-a
dozen would be good
-- finance monthly budget report - break down of working groups' percent
of their budgets; membership forms & followup
-- tech - multimedia uploads to website are working - upload with story
page - will take long time - could be 20-30 minutes for largish audio
files. Wed 6pm next meeting
--(space) shows - binder called "shows" - publicity status and sign up for
volunteer
-- print group - pub date in the next week or  two february issue
Old bus - 3/30 3pm general membership meeting
Weft/imc benefit org. by Greg Jahiel, Saturday 2/16 at high dive 4-10pm;
info table? Imc show info? Paul R will do imc spiel
WORT visit

New business
Unity and struggle divestment petition
Steering Group structure review begin-are we doing what current structure
says we should do? Should we change it?
Meeting structure-Paul concern that entire imc should be notified that an
issue will be discussed before it is discussed. Ways of addressing this.
ML - have there been complaints about this? PR-I have heard some
grumbling. ML-we deal with many things that come up within in the week
that have to be dealt with immediately. PR - balance between democracy and
expediency. Pauline - schedule of facilitators-facilitator puts out a call
for agenda items and form next week's agenda-Sascha: I have done that
numerous times and noone sends in agend a items
Everyone gets notes from meetings that have old and new business, so
they'll know what's being discussed. ML-with consensus people can reopen
matters that they have a problem with. Jason-sounds like you're working on
recall
Performance space-backback room
Brian request for suggestions about look-color of walls [quick field trip
to back back room] Paul suggests discussing this at a space meeting

Late policy - brian h-we had a draft of policy for late stuff; some people
have been doing this consistently and they would thus owe $; and how deal
with late books? James-has been emailing people who have books out; has
not been asking for fines.
Where would fines go ? general

Announcements
Jason-UC Unity & Struggle petition on Divestment in companies that conduct
business with military and with state of Israel - group in Berkeley also
is doing this
Conference organized by students for justice in Palestine-parallels with
divestment from companies doing business in apartheid south Africa in the
80s.

Living wage will becoming up before committee of county board 7pm Thursday
night-things are looking good-there's public comment section at the
beginning of the meeting-living wage campaign will make a presentation
around 8pm

March 7-14 imc music festival $35 ticket price for six shows