[Imc] Important Living Wage News (County Board Meeting)

mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 4 01:09:37 UTC 2002

Dear Living Wage Supporter,

	This Thursday, February 7, 2002 at 7:00 PM the Champaign County Board
Personnel and Public Officials Committee will be taking a vote to approve a
Living Wage Resolution and pass this resolution up to the full County Board for
possible adoption. Although nothing is certain in politics, we feel quite
positive about the bipartisan support that the Living Wage has received from
County Board members thus far.

	There will be a time for brief public comments at the beginning of
the meeting.  We were informed today that the Living Wage will be the first
agenda item in the meeting, immediately after the public comments period.

	It is important that you come and show your support.  The meeting
will be in County Board Meeting Room 1 in the Brookens Administration Center,
at 1776 East Washington Street in Urbana.  Enter the north parking lot off of
Lierman Avenue and enter through the north doors of the building.  We hope to
see you there!  Please forward this message as appropriate.

	Sincerely,

	Maiko Covington, on behalf of the entire
	Champaign County Living Wage Association
	<http://www.prairienet.org/livingwage/>