[Imc] How should PC spend $?

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Wed Feb 6 15:51:08 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:47:30AM -0600, Kranich, Kimberlie wrote:
> IMCers,
>
> The WEFT Programming Committee recently learned that is has more flexiblity
> in
> how it spends its CPB programming funds than originally thought. The
> categories that relate directly to programming are listed below.  Even after
> paying Democracy Now! and Free Speech Radio News a voluntary monthly
> contribution of $200 each, and even after giving $1,000 back to the Board
> (see end of email for complete list of expenditures), we have about $1,000
> left to spend on programming between now and September 2002.
>
> How would you like to see the PC spend this money?  We are open to your
> suggestions. Ideas that have already been kicked around include paying the
> IMC a stipend for its weekly news broadcasts, working with engineering to
> buy and install a phone interface to accept live calls on the air.  What are
> your ideas?  Please let the PC know.

Does WEFT have a fax machine?  It would be really great, particularly
in the depths of winter, to be able to fax a PSA to WEFT, rather than
biking over to that other city.

				-Clint

  "The present generation, wearied by its chimerical efforts, relapses
   into complete indolence. Its condition is that of a man who has only
   fallen asleep towards morning: first of all come great dreams, then a
   feeling of laziness, and finally a witty or clever excuse for
   remaining in bed." -- Kierkegaard